CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We have a new baby at our house!!!!!!

Our newest family member Braylon Jacob

Braylon first day home from the hospital
Two Days old
Braylon first camping trip to Red Fish Lake 7 days old we had so much fun!!!!!!!

We can longer keep him a secret, not that we were tring too, but the story is very personal to Mike and I. We have needed some time to recover from the shock and emotional roller coster we have boarded. It has been 5 weeks since we brought our new little baby home and it is time to tell his story.

Our home has been blessed with a new healthy baby boy. His name is Braylon Jacob (in about 4 weeks his last will be Brown!) he was born July 18, 2008. He weighed 6lbs 10oz, 19 inches long. He is perfect in every way ! We are now in the process of adopting him. Yes, I said ADOPTING!!!!! We can not believe it either. There is no denying he belongs to us. He has been in our home since he was two days old.

Braylon's birth parent are two very special people. They looked above their own needs and wants did what was best for there baby. They gave Braylon to a family who would care and love him endlessly. We will always hold them special in our heart for such a gift. When they asked if Mike and I would care for him we did not think twice. In fact when we saw him for the first time I knew he was meant for our family. The spirit spoke so loud to my heart I could not deny what the Lord was asking of me. When Mike took him in his arms for the first time, in the hospital, tears filled his eyes. I had seen this look before on Mike's face when he met his two other sons for the first time. The spirit consumed Mike and I, we knew what our future was with this little boy.


Kenyon and Dylan have taken to him very well. We have had no problems transitioning through this new phase. We explained very carefully to them that they were no being replaced. Mom and Dad had so much love to share with all of our boys. They have only loved and accepted Braylon from the minute we brought him home. What a joy to have three beautiful little boys in our home.
Thank you for the meals, gifts, and love we have received. We truly have been blessed.

19 comments:

Bryant and Jodi said...

Hi Mandy, so I don't know if you will remember me, but I randomly came across your blog and thought a I would say hi. (Jodi Kunz from CSI) Your kids are way cute.

Emily said...

I'm so happy to see pictures of him! What a blessing to have a house full of sweet little boys. I can't wait to meet Braylon.

The Cook Clan said...

Mandy, I'm so happy for you guys! I'm such an emotional mommy, I had tears in my eyes reading this because I know how strong the spirit can be sometimes. What a wonderful blessing to all that you guys are able to have this beautiful baby boy in your home to care for and love. We should all get together for a girls night, we haven't seen you guys forever!

Sage Hanks said...

Mandy! I have been waiting to see pictures. I was so bummed that we barely missed you at Redfish. He is such a beautiful baby. Congrats. I am sooo happy for you guys. Thanks for your comment about my Morgy. We love her so much. She is so fun. Girls are fun but I wouldn't mind having a little boy around the house.

Wendy said...

We have been waiting for pictures. Your boys are so cute. We are so happy to have another sweet baby in the family. Braylon's story made me cry. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and our children will find us no matter how they get to our families. We love you guys and can hardly wait to see you again and meet this little boy.

Cheri said...

Jeez, Mandy! I got tears in my eyes. Brett and I knew you had adopted and I've been checking frequently for pitures. Brett and I drove through my old neighborhood yesterday and we love how the outside of your house has turned out! We wanted to stop by but weren't sure if you'd be busy or not.
Congrats on you new baby! He's so cute!

Clint Christensen said...

I just wanted to say congrats on your newest member. I heard you had another addition but did not know the story. You will love having 3 boys, we do! Thanks for sharing. Clint and Stephanie Christensen.

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

MANDY!!! How my gosh...what a beautiful story and baby. What an amazing experience and how lucky for all of your family to have such a great blessing. Congratulations...wow another boy, your house is going to be crazy and so fun:)
I miss you a ton and wish I could be there to share in your wonderful experience.

Tim and Laura Allen said...

We are so happy for you guys. I am so glad that i was able to come over and meet him. He is such a special spirit and is so blessed to have such wonderful and loving parents and brothers. Please call me soon. I have been wanting to run with you but haven't wanted to bother you with all you have on you plate. Let me know whenever you are ready to start up again.

Heather said...

Mandy,
I think that it's wonderful what you are doing..So many babies need good mothers and you are a great one! Congrats on the new addition!

Lacey Harris said...

Congratulations on your newest addition. He's darling. We are happy to hear that all is well with you. Again congratulations on your new little one.

Bryant and Jodi said...

NO, were in Logan until the first of Oct. then we move to Iowa, for more school!

Bryant and Jodi said...

Also by the way wow! Congrats on your newest addition, I think that is the neatest thing ever!

Bateman said...

Oh how we love the Browns! We are so happy for you and he is beautiful. How awesome to have a baby and not have to go through labor! Thank you for your wonderful wonderful story,it made me cry. Baby Braylon is so lucky to have an amazing family that loves him. We can't wait to meet him and rekindle our friendship!

Brooke said...

Loved seeing pictures of the Braylon! He's very cute! I love hearing his story told by you. It puts things in a whole new perspective for me and I'm so excited for you :) Three boys-whew you'll have to let me know how that goes :) Love you,
Brooke

Heather K said...

I feel so lucky I got to visit with you and hear your sweet story and cry with you. I am so glad I got to know you better. Braylon is super sweet and makes me so baby crazy. It really is amazing how quickly you all adapted and he just fit right in with the brown boys and momma. I'm
going to call you after I get done working all weekend.

Jones Family said...

Congrats on the newest boy in your family! You are rapidly becoming out numbered! :) That is a very sweet story!

DivaHill said...

Braylon is beautiful. I can't wait to get a chance to meet him. Adoption is such a self-less thing on both sides, and a blessing to be sure. Congratulations!

Jessica Newby said...

I had no idea! So exciting for you guys, congrats! Your story made me tear up as well!